Douglas County Conservation District


     PO BOX 688, 7519A E HWY 86, FRANKTOWN, CO 80116   303-218-2622

Home About the district Education Tips / Links Education Events Scholarships / Grants Noxious Weeds Products Rainwater Harvesting Seedling Trees Services Water Conservation Flood Control Dams

Scholarships / Grants

Select a link for more information on the various financial assistance programs for students and grants for your conservation efforts.    See District Cost Share grant opportunities below for Noxious weed Control, and Fire Mitigation / Defensible Space assistance. 

Scholarships for Students (Camp Rocky)
Scholarships for College Students (Freshman and Sophmores)

COST-SHARE GRANTS   -      The Douglas County Conservation District will have money available in 2018 for noxious weed control and Fuels Mitigation/Defensible Space grants. 

 Noxious Weed A and B list Species Grant    

The Douglas County  Conservation District has an opportunity for landowners to apply for noxious weed control assistance.  This grant will assist with a 50% cost share up to $500.00 per  property for chemical and  biological control methods for weeds on the Colorado State Noxious Weed "A" and "B" list species.  Contractors labor will be funded.  Landscape projects will not be funded. If you are interested, you can obtain an application via email or on our website at  Please complete the application form and mail or email it to our  office.  The deadline has passed for 2017.       

 Fuels Mitigation Grant     

The Douglas County landowners can apply for financial assistance for fire mitigation and  defensible space practices on their property.  The conservation district will assist small  acreage  landowners with a 50% cost share of the total project treatment costs not to exceed $500.00 reimbursement per property.  The practices cost shared are tree thinning, fuels reduction, slash mulch/chipping and equipment rental. Landowner labor, fuels, or landscape projects will not be funded. The grant application will give more detailed information.  If you are interested, please get an application via email or on our website at  Complete the application form for Fuels mitigation and Defensible space on your property and mail or email it to our office.  The deadline has passed for 2017

If you would like to know more about these grants for 2018, email the district and we will add you to our email list. 

The NRCS website also has several grant programs available through the Farm Bill.  

Check out the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS website) for more information on available grants.  

Contact USDA - NRCS District Conservationist Deric Clemons by e-mail or by phone 303 218-2634 for more information regarding their programs.